Please see the below resources for students who are enrolled in the Iberville Parish Early Childhood Network, including those who attend our partner childcare centers A Garden of Angels, Bright Star, From Cradles to Classrooms, Honeybee Early Learning Center, Holmes House, Precious Tots, Toddlers College, True Care , and Iberville Parish Schools PK sites.
Frog street Pre-K Family Online Library
During this time of remote learning due to the state mandated school closures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are encouraging families to continue the tremendous progress your children have made thus far and utilize Frog Street materials at home.
The district curriculum for prekindergarten is aligned to the prekindergarten guidelines set forth by the state of Louisiana. Prekindergarten students receive instruction in the areas of language and literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, social-emotional development, gross and fine motor skills, health, visual arts, and physical education.
To access the theme libraries, as well as the math and science libraries in English and Spanish, families can go to: http://portal.frogstreet.com/
The Frog Street Curriculum:
• Provides comprehensive, integrated instruction in all domains
• Balances intentional instruction with child-centered learning
• Provides English and Spanish versions of materials and instruction
• Offers a strong daily routine that develops key social skills and emotional control
• Honors the power of a strong teacher-child interaction to develop rich oral language and a robust vocabulary
• Provides systemic and sequential continuum for building skills and concepts
• Uses research-based principles of learning as the cornerstone of instruction
Current Condition: clear sky
Feels Like: 64.51˚F
Wind Speeds: 0.94mph
Weather humidity: 58%
Chance of Precipitation: 0%